Saturday, May 10, 2014

'Divergent' Actress Shailene Woodley Makes Hollywood Freak Out by Disowning Feminism

Shailene Woodley, who starred in the recent film "Divergent," managed to take over from Kirsten Dunst as the Hollywood feminism freak-out target of the hour, after Time magazine asked her if she considered herself to be a feminist:

No because I love men, and I think the idea of ‘raise women to power, take the men away from the power’ is never going to work out because you need balance. With myself, I’m very in touch with my masculine side. And I’m 50 percent feminine and 50 percent masculine, same as I think a lot of us are. And I think that is important to note. And also I think that if men went down and women rose to power, that wouldn’t work either. We have to have a fine balance.

My biggest thing is really sisterhood more than feminism. I don’t know how we as women expect men to respect us because we don’t even seem to respect each other. There’s so much jealousy, so much comparison and envy. And “This girl did this to me and that girl did that to me.” And it’s just so silly and heartbreaking in a way.

Woodley's equation of feminism with man-hating, and her thoughts about the "balance of power" between the sexes, inspired such hysterical rants as Ms. Magazine portraying her as the poster child for ignorance, and calling for more aggressive feminist indoctrination of captive public-school children.


http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/05/09/The-latest-Hollywood-feminism-freak-out


No comments:

Post a Comment