Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve Party Etiquette

New Year's Eve party etiquette advice from

1.) Write down your goals. Create a vision, make it measurable and celebrate your success along the way. A famous Harvard MBA program study was conducted where only 3% of the class wrote down their goals. After several years, the 3% who had written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97% of the class combined!

2.) If attending a party on New Year’s Eve, have an accountability partner. The last thing you want to do is overindulge. Plan a safe ride home and please don’t drink and drive.

3.) If you are hosting a New Year’s Eve party, make sure to include your neighbors on the list. This will help diffuse any frustration at midnight as you are counting down the New Year.

4.) If you are the guest at a New Year’s Eve party, help make the party memorable. Bring a host gift along with a special food or drink item for others to enjoy. Take part in the games or activities planned and have fun.

5.) Mingle with others. Much like a networking event, you will probably see people you’ve never met before at a party. Strike up a conversation with them to help all guests feel welcome and comfortable.

6.) Picture Etiquette. Have discretion for friends who may not want their pictures on Facebook or Instagram. When in doubt, get approval before posting.

7.) Follow-up and write a note to your host. Check in with everyone the next day to share a fun story and make sure everyone arrived home safely. A thank you card is always appreciated by hosts and organizers.

8.) Give thanks. Etiquette is all about being kind, considerate and respectful to everyone in our lives. Simple acts of kindness make a big impact on others so don’t be shy about expressing gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment